OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

KB0WZL I Have Some Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB0WZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 23:44

Hello

I cant give away all the details of the new scope, have to wait till the shot show unveilling.  Its a long way forward for Millett scopes, It will be limited production high quality scope for long range applications.  It has I hope the features you guys will like.  I take into account the feedback I get here and on other forums, as you guys have a great deal of knowledge.  thanks

good shooting

Steve

Steve
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 11:50
 OKIE DOKIE!!, I am sure anxious to see whats coming here.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 12:10
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

P.S. I have some Leupold scopes that have lasted a lifetime.

How have they lasted a lifetime if you ain't dead yet?

My $0.02:  I have had a few Leupys fail, so I don't like Leupold.

People I trust haven't embraced Millett's scope (with the slight exception of the CQB) so, rather than dropping the $ on that product, were I in the market for such a scope, I'd go with something with a very well established track record - like an SS or Bush 4200.

Optics is subjective - but only to a point.  Swarovski costs what it does because the glass and coatings aren't inexpensive, the design is great, and the workmanship is fantastic.  If Swaro becomes our benchmark for quality, hurray for Millett for making at least 1 scope that measures up to that standard for half the price.  Whomever said the Millett was better than the Swaro was a fool if he didn't buy that one scope.

My experience, with optics as with most other things, is that you get what you pay for.  There is a distinct reason Millett isn't in the $1000+ price range.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 12:43
I wouldn't say the Millett is a competitor for the Swaros, that being said though it is a very good product for the money (bargain) hard to beat it at the price. The SS is a very good buy as well and also a bargain. It wasn't long ago the SS had to go through the pains of it's namesake, but time has taken care of that misconception. Determination of the fine folks making the SS has done this. It would atleast appear that Millett is making those same strides, if so and the TRS makes the case, then Millett will be what few others have been able to become, the best you can get for it's appointed market. I for one welcome the headache of having to decide which product I really want and need. The more choices all the better, just my HO.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
The Big Dog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2007 at 09:54

Hi again,

In the past, I have owned and used Millett scopes.  At that time,  I wasn't impressed.  The optics were not that clear and it didn't hold zero that well.  They were not very high on my list of favorite scopes.  A friend of mine got a chance to test the Millett TRS-1 and asked my to help.  I thought oh,  another Millett.  I was bias against Millett and I admit it.  I got the biggest guns and best optics I could get my hands on for this test.  I used a 338/378 Weatherby with a Swarovski 6-24 scope for our first test.  This rifle shot a three shot group of 3/4" at 200yds.  With the Millett,  it shot a three shot group of 1"  I later found the front scope bases were loose  but it still shot a good group.  The first two shots were touching.  The next gun was a custom 338 Lapua Mag with a 6.5-20 Leupold Vari-X III.  The Millett out preformed the Leupold.  Next was my 300 Win Mag.  Millett out preformed my Tasco 8-40 custom.  Next was my 6.5/06 custom rifle.  this rifle has a Nightforce 12-42 BR scope riding on to.  Again the Millett out preformed it.  On my scopes, I had the magnification cranked all the way up.  I wasn't cutting Millett any slack.

To say I'm impressed with Millet scopes is an under statement!!!!!  I now have replaced my Leupold with a Millett on my 338 Lapua Mag.  To me,  that is saying something.  There is now 5 people I shoot with that have Millett scopes because of these test.  Even Jesse,  the guy with the 338/378 Weatherby Mag. 

Catch you later,

The Big Dog

P.S.    Steve,  keep up the good work. 

Thanks,  The Big Dog 

happyness is a warm day and lots of varmints.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic