OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Post your Rigs here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2007 at 18:22
A savage shooter here...........heres my varmint getter.......savage 12bvss with a 4x16x40 4200 elite in signiture rings. Shoots better than me.......when I do my part and winds down it will shoot low twos at 100yds.

I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 09:54
lookin Good there Focus
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 10:07

Some more of my babies, I wish I still had my others, It'll take me a while to replace them.  

Cyborg
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 20:48

remington 700 limited edition thumbhole in 300 win mag

Edited by storm2844
jay
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 20:51

my remington 700p in .308win ,bedded, blueprinted, lapped lugs ect...

jay
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 20:55

sako 85 stainless synthetic in 300wsm. had to return this rifle due to extraction problems

jay
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:02
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:03
nice rigs everybody now for a meat and taters type of gun my rem 788 in 22-250 nothing special but what a shooter.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:10
cool pyro that has the rear locking lugs. supposed to be a good action
jay
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:14

this is the newest family member weatherby mark v ultra light in 7mm weatherby mag

jay
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:22
its a great action and its a shame the rem quit making them i havent met one yet that wasnt a great shooter either. i like your weatherby!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 21:47
ya a friend of mine has a rem 788 in .308win. it is more accurate than most heavy barrel factory rigs.
jay
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2007 at 07:02
SWEET  Great looking guns guys, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's anal about care. Let's see some more.

Cyborg
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2007 at 11:36
Originally posted by storm2844 storm2844 wrote:

this is the newest family member weatherby mark v ultra light in 7mm weatherby mag

Nice setup.  Just re-stocked a 300 Wby. and a 240 Wby. into Bell and Carlson Medalist stocks, unfortunately, with a fair amount of modifications in the same color and free floated the barrels.  Because of the amount of barrel channel material I needed to free float the barrel ( as they are set up for some barrel tip pressure), I have about 1/4 inch of the magazine showing at the back end, which is fine, as it was printing side by side shots, almost touching at 100 yards with a cold pencil barrel.  But when it is hot, look out for those fliers.  The 240 had a larger receiver bolt on the rear and in essence a pillar that contained the threads that had to fit into the stock.  Well, I had to drill out the stock and walla, perfect fit with a free floated barrel.  I have not shot that one yet.  Gorgeous rifle you have.

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2007 at 20:04

rem 700 / ss10x / game reaper mount / harris bipod .... my wife get jelous that the rifle gets more rub downs then she does   .... how does she shoot ?

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2007 at 20:09

a little to the left at 200 yards ....lol...

here's a queston for ya'll, she has a HS composite stock ( which is a bit long on the LOP for me )  with a 1/4" recoil pad, if ya want to call it that ... any ideas on cutting down the stock and fitting a decelerator recoil pad on her?

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 04:16

Sinsir,

That really looks great and with that grouping! I have one on order and cannot wait! Hopefully I can get that same grouping. What ammo are you using?  I can see a lot of different boxes in the photo.Have you chronograpehed the bullets?

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 20:10

thanks for the good words 8shot.

as a .308 standerd i use  168gr smk bthp's  and it's what i shot that group with. i don't own a chrono, so your guess is as good as mine....sorry. the winchester printed poorly at best, 2 1/2 inches at 200 yards, the fusion shot an ok group but was high and to the left by over an inch ....added info on the rig - replaced the trigger with a jewel, and have it set at 3 lbs, the action has been bedded, replaced the j-lock on the bolt with a tubbs speed lock, and removed just a bit of the barrel channel to insure freefloating. tourqued the action bolts to 55 lbs. besides that she's a stock rig that eats about 50-100 rounds a week.

Edited by sinsir
ghost82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 21:34
She's mine and you cant have her!  Nothing special really, Remington 700 ADL with Choate Sniper Stock,Versa-Pod,Quaker Claw sling.  Its soon to be topped with a Super Sniper 10x42 as it shipped out from SWFA today.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2007 at 06:21
nasty thats all i can say.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 58>
  Share Topic