OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Post your Rigs here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 58>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 15:10
NICE !!!! REAL NICE !!!! Thumbs%20Up I prefer to mount my bipods the same way. I hate for recoil to collapse the legs. Angry
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 15:17
I have one thats about to get the same paint. looks good guy's

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
craSSh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craSSh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 21:34
savage 10fp 223. bushnell 3200 7-21x40. harris. duramaxx . 

abolts. 300win mag.  zeiss vm/v 3-12x56
            270 wsm. conquest 4.5-14x44

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 21:36
nice collection i like the carbon fiber christiansen arms barrel on the 300 that sweet
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
craSSh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craSSh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 21:39
my other rigs. 20 and 16 bushmasters
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 06:15
WOW !!! Nice CraSSh

Cyborg
sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 18:05
well since the cat's allready out of the bag, .... i'm having a hard time giving this one up, it's like giving away one of your children ...lol... but i realy want that DPMS AR -.308 .

a few details - doublestar lower / bushmaster upper with 16" freefloating fluted HBAR match barrel, PRI carbon fiber front, YHM bipod adapter, chip mc cormic single stage match trigger group, magpul PRS stock,houge grip, arms rear flip up/troy industries front, phantom 2 flash NM bolt and carrier ,  a milled front sight/gas block , and about a year and a half of build time and money............. oll of this is topped off with a $50 cheap a$$ russian 4x scope ....lol... ok i'm waiting on that SS variable ...  any clues on a release date yet ?

Edited by sinsir - December/07/2007 at 18:51
sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 18:36

and a few close-ups for ya as well
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 22:43

Sinsir, here's what my DPMS looks like: LR-308 with 26" SS Bull Barrel

flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 22:45
And here's my weapon of choice Rem 700 5R Milspec:

Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 06:06
Nice stick, flyspy. That 5R a shooter?? Most are.
what scope rings on that gun? 
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 07:16
That stick is a shooter!  The first 3 shot group at 100 yds I could cover with the back of a 308 shell.  It's my favorite rifle I have ever owned, and I even had some "customs."  I've got the leupold Mk4 rings on it.  They're THICK and heavy, so I have no doubt that they'll continue to be good.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2007 at 18:46

My selection of lever actions.  I just picked up the 45/70 XLR and have a 4200 Elite 1.5x6 ready for it .  I plan to go with Buffalo Bore loads and have the barrel shortend down to 20 inches. The stainless 336 wears a Nikon Monarch 2x7 and likes Hornady's Lever Evolution rounds .The Winchester 94 was a must have after they announced its demise.It isn't as consistent as the 336 , but certainly has a cool feel to it. It wears a Pentax Whitetails Unlimited with the twilight plex reticle. It really stands out against dark backgrounds. The Marlin 1895 SS is another 45/70 model. I had the joke of a recoil pad replaced with a Limbsaver. It wears a  Leupold vari-xIII 2.5-8 . I feed this one a regular diet of Buffalo Bore's 350 gr rounds at 2150 fps. Hits pretty hard at both ends( fun). Gotta get that white spacer off the pistol grip though.

Edited by martin3175 - December/28/2007 at 17:20
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 06:58
Great looking levers there Martin.

Cyborg
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 08:58
Here is a few of the guns I am currently using.
HVA .358 Norma, switching betwen aimpoint, riflescope and opensights depending on range and use.
TRG 42 with the little Zeiss Mounted, a friend is trying it out at 850 meters.
He only shot 5 rounds and grouped them on 4", so he refused to shoot any more.
Alex Henry sidelock from 1913, when i use a shotgun it's often this, but sometimes my FN.

And last is the dog, the one on the picture is sold, but I have his older brother left.
Bastard betwen german short haired pointer and german hunting terrier.
Used for driven hunt to get the deers moving in the woods.

Technika

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 09:00
Great gear there T, Good lookin dog too.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:13

Picture quality could be a bit better but it's a phone photo...anyway--My trio of 300 Weatherby MkV's.. There  is a Deluxe topped with a Pentax Whitetails Unlimited , a custom shop Sporter with a fluted barrel and Swarovski 3x10 x42 American , and last but not least a stainless in a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock topped with a Elite 4200 2-10x40.. they all shoot better than the accuracy guarantee, and really aren't that hard  ( or that easy either) on the shoulder. I also have  30-06 and 338 Wby Vanguards, and they are great shooters also, but lack the feel and 60 degree bolt lift of the MK V.

Edited by martin3175 - December/28/2007 at 16:48
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:19
nice wby collection
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2007 at 22:24
I was playing around with my small Canon camera and took these recently.  These are my current favorites.  First is a Featherweight Stainless Model 70 in 6.5x55 with a Conquest 3-9x40.  She's a real sweetheart!

The second is my other 6.5mm, a Remington Mountain LSS in 260 rem.  I pulled the 3.5-10x50 Leupold off and put it on my new Sako.  Any ideas for a scope?

The last one is the Sako 85 Hunter in 30/06.  Some of you have heard me complain about the skinny buttstock so I won't bore you guys again with details about upgrading the recoil pad.  I posted this elsewhere but here it is for those who haven't see it.  Notwithstanding my complaining I do love Sako's and I like this one. 

timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2007 at 23:05
Here's my favorite Coyote piece, a Weatherby TRR 223.  She's pimped out with a Leupold 6.5-20x56 VX-L with the 'Varmint Hunter's' reticle in Tally mounts.  And yeah, I do like this weird scope.  She does 1" groupings at 200 yards, even with my aged bespectacled eyes!  Wish I could say the same for the Sako (more like 4-5 inches at 200 yards, on my good days).

I'm anal about low rider's.  Check out the clearance on the Sako's 50mm Leupold.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 58>
  Share Topic