OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Post your Rigs here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 58>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 11:01
The woodwork on those 2 rifles is amazing. Excellent
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Tommo-UK View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo-UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2012 at 05:49
Three of mine. First one is a .308 Remington 700 Sendero action, PacNor barrel, HS Precision stock with a SS10x42M scope.

Next is a .308 Parker-Hale Scout with a Meopta 3x9x42 scope, Predator 8 moderator. The stock had just been Duracoated. This is quite an old rifle but shoots well and is my prime deer rifle.

Lastly my .243 Ruger M77 with tang safety. Nice gun. Just waiting to have the barrel threaded for a moderator.

Wisdom is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Knowledge is not putting it in a fruit salad
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2012 at 08:47

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 20:25
sO g, WHICH RIFLE OF YOURS IS THAT ONE ABOVE?
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:26

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:28
So how is the DTA?
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:32
I haven't had a chance to shoot it.  Probably tomorrow.  No call for work yet, so I am planning on taking it out to see what she does to my shoulder.  I can tell you that the Rem 870 thumps you good with 3" 00 buckshot.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:34
I bet with that brake it won't be to bad. 338 right?
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:35
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Introducing the Twins. Cooper Jackson Squirrels

Top is the new .22 RF andlower is .17 HMR.
The theory is that if they look like each other the wife will not realize what has happened.

As close as it gets to rifle perfection without selling a kidney......

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2012 at 22:50
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

I bet with that brake it won't be to bad. 338 right?

Yes sir.  338 LM

GEORGE WASHINGTON
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2012 at 14:46

Thought I would change it up a little bit, scrolled threw the pages and didn't see a lot of smooth bores. For the optics guys it does have a fiber optic bead.Wink The shotgun is a Benelli  28ga Ultra Light weighing in at 4.9 lbs. 
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2012 at 15:13

Oh my!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 09:39
Picked this up from SWFA's No Reserve $0 Starting Bid Auction on Gun Broker.  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=233297
 Put on a 6x IOR and am going to get it sighted in this weekend hopefully.  Gun is in awesome shape and I got it for a steal.

I am going to make a longer extender for the hammer as the IOR's large eyepiece coveres it up pretty good and another 1/4" would fix all the issues of getting to the hammer extention
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2012 at 08:41
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

Thought I would change it up a little bit, scrolled threw the pages and didn't see a lot of smooth bores. For the optics guys it does have a fiber optic bead.Wink The shotgun is a Benelli  28ga Ultra Light weighing in at 4.9 lbs. 

28ga is something we hardly ever see down here amymore. Even tough to get ammo for. Almost as expensive as 410 shells which are crazy high. I thought with the popularity of the Taurus "judge" the 410 rounds would drop some but apparently it went the other way.
I am concerned for the future of the 28ga unless its lack of demand is more localized to my area. Beautiful shotgun by the way. Benelli builds em right. Thats one shotgun I haven't seen for repair needs. Granted most if any probably go the the manu for repairs I don't think I've had anyone even mention any problems.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2012 at 09:13
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Introducing the Twins. Cooper Jackson Squirrels

Top is the new .22 RF andlower is .17 HMR.
The theory is that if they look like each other the wife will not realize what has happened.

Sweet!!!!  Thunbs Up    Thunbs Up

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2012 at 09:52
Nice firearms, Gents. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2012 at 12:00
The 28 ga is pretty popular in the grouse and woodcock areas of norhtern Michigan. Kevin's new Benelli will make three of them in our grouse camp. I bought several boxes of Remington ammo from a store in Lewiston, MI a few years back for under $8. I looked earlier today and saw I had more 28 ga than my 12 ga fowling ammo....uh oh. Case buys are in order.
Doug
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2012 at 19:20
Let the build begin!!

Takin a 1924 Mexican Mauser and building a 223. Got the barrel last week.
Krieger #19 contour 1-9 twist
Cut the threads last Thursday.
Plan  to chamber it this Tuesday and flute the barrel by Thursday
If time permits I'll also get the receiver trued and torqued up.
Got the 223 follower and adapter for the mag box.
Hunted around and found a ejector that I modified to fit the cartridge.

Plan to order the stock this week. Bell & Carlson Medalist Black/Grey web. Can't wait!! Yippee

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2012 at 19:27
Looks like a fun build Sgt. D! Are you doing the work?
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2012 at 19:42
Yes Sir, I'm finally gettin into some of the work I've only dreamed of. Also workin up some prototype muzzlebrakes that show real promise. This 223 build is to ensure I have a good rifle should I get another oppertunity for a P-Dog shoot. Last invite I got I had nothing practical/affordable to carry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 58>
  Share Topic