OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zhumell spotting scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobagrigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zhumell spotting scopes
    Posted: November/26/2007 at 08:07

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what kind of optics Zhumell makes? I have a Konus 20x60x80mm

that i use for Hi-power events and is quite a step up from the 100.00 spotting scopes sold by tasco, barska, ect....

I have been looking at the Zhumell 20x60x90mm, Konus 20x60x100 and the Celestron 20x60x100. All three are about the same price within 30 dollars. Zhumell and Konus have a ring that lets you rotate the scope for position adjustments where the celestron doesn't. I am looking to upgrade for my hi-power optics and use the konus 20x60x80mm for my range scope as it does very well much better than my 15 year old tasco 18x36x50mm thats unusable past 25 power. Any feedback will most appreciated thank you Bob

bobagrigg View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobagrigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 21:38
yep........ bunch of real optics experts here! ....... lol
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 07:50
Zhumell spotting scopes are inexpensive and not very good. Just because they are big, it may not mean that they will serve you well.
spf2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spf2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 11:27
I'd like to hear from opinion on them too.
ms6852 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms6852 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2008 at 00:40
What distance are you shooting at this time with your Konus scope? Are you looking to resovle bullet holes at 300 yds, 500 yds or bullet trace up to a 1000?
Always run from a fight...but if they catch you deliver them to hell personally.
brucetenkatz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucetenkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2016 at 17:32
I have a 22-68x90mm zhumell spotting scope that I use for bird watching

it is fine for bird watching

optics are good

price is reasonable-399.99

on the down side-it is long 22 inches and heavy 4.25 lbs

the eyecup is made of rubber which is bent up or down for glasses or non -glass wearers(cheap)
should be a roll-up eyecup instead

my friend has a celestron spotting scope that cost  $200 more, but the optics are a little better than my Zhumell
bruce
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2016 at 17:39
This thread started in 2007 wake up folks!!!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic