OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

German Nickel Supra scope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 17:14
Hello , it is not that Nickel AG is not interested in three old company but when the bought the name there was very life left of the old scopes and also of the patents it was very difficult to use the left over information . During the same period there ware more of those small companies making high quality rifle scopes "Lisenfeld " was one of them but they all stopped producing some were bought up others stopped because the was nobody to take over but they still now and than come up for sale . They still are in good condition but most of them have a dovetIl connection and it is very difficult to get the richtingen connections for them , so if anyone can help me in this please let me know .
sambarman338 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambarman338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 21:49
I mounted my Nickel Supra 1.5-6 on a Sako L61R using the chunky Opitilock bases and some Blaser female dovetails I found on the Internet. These ones didn't need holes drilled laterally through the rail but I did have to heat them for enough expansion to get them on.

Having the scope more-or-less lined up without recourse to the knobs is very important with reticle-movement and the Optilock bases supposedly give some lateral adjustment on the Sako tapered dovetails. I don't quite know how to do this because mine lined up beautifully from the word go with only a shim needed under the base to fix elevation.

The Recknagel catalogue shows all sorts of mounts for this stuff - but it is not cheap. The smart money according to some North American gunsmiths, however, might be on this:

http://www.competitor .com/zsrmwhd.html
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambarman338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 21:56
Try this version:

or googling:

Zeiss Two Piece Railmount Weaver Hex Detach, Adapter Mounts Victory Diarange Riflescope onto any Weaver Riflemount

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambarman338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 21:58
... googling this ad quote:

Zeiss Two Piece Railmount Weaver Hex Detach, Adapter Mounts Victory Diarange Riflescope onto any Weaver Riflemount

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambarman338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 22:02
Sorry, for some reason cut and paste did not work and I've had to type it out:

Zeiss Two Piece Railmount Weaver Hex Detach, Adapter Mounts Victory Diarange Riflescope onto any Weaver Riflemount
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambarman338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2016 at 01:34
Originally posted by witte witte wrote:

Hello , it is not that Nickel AG is not interested in three old company but when the bought the name there was very life left of the old scopes and also of the patents it was very difficult to use the left over information . During the same period there ware more of those small companies making high quality rifle scopes "Lisenfeld " was one of them but they all stopped producing some were bought up others stopped because the was nobody to take over but they still now and than come up for sale . They still are in good condition but most of them have a dovetIl connection and it is very difficult to get the richtingen connections for them , so if anyone can help me in this please let me know .

Witte, I am sorry to report that the Zeiss/Weaver mount I tried to provide a link for may not be much use for many old scopes with rails. According to a questioner on their website, the Zeiss (Victory?) Diavari has a 10mm-wide rail, which Zeiss says will fit the mount. I find, however, that all the old scopes I've got have rails 14.5mm wide, outside, and more than 10mm at the narrowest part.

Further to my comments about Nickel quality, I had another look at my Hensoldt and S&B scopes and remembered that some of those have a tendency to have the zero turrets seize up, too. The old Nickels may not be quite as waterproof in the turret department but all of mine are clear and every one moves freely against the (mostly simple) click adjustments.
witte View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2016 at 02:25
Thanks guys , I know that there is stuff available but the prices are off an other world .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic