OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bear Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What will happen on this bear hunt?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
21 [75.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 08:49
if i ever decided to go out of state to hunt bear maine would be my first choice they are all over the place, my second would be in canada,
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 09:18
I believe we have one of the highest success rates of any state, I used to take an interest in them but not anymore. Got some big ones too, over 400# get killed every year. Funny I walk the woods all the time stand placing, game camming, and scouting, never think about bears and never carry a gun. But you'll be walking along and see a saucer size track or a rotted log or stump just tore to pieces and it kinda tightens you up for a while. Only excitement I've ever had in all these years was walking into a big bull moose during the rut, that was as exciting as I ever want to experience.....long as I live! My Dad did get between a sow and her two cubs once in an old overgrown orchard and got to experience a couple teeth popping false charges. Only time I worry about bears is going after one someone didn't shoot good. They will often go in a straight line thru anything you can imagine....swamp, bog, alder thicket, spruce or fir cutover, but when you press em' and their hurt bad....they will often circle their tracks and lay there waiting....

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 09:31
 a buddy of mine was hunting bear with a bow two years ago and he was in a tree looking over a bait and a sow and two cubs came into the bait which the sow wouldnt be legal to shoot and neither are the cubs, if she was alone another story, but anyway a boar came into the bait as well and the sow chased the cubs up a tree and ran the boar out of there but the problem was the cubs came up  the same tree he was in, but they went all the way up where he was only about 12 ft off the ground when the sow came back and looked up the tree and saw her cubs up there and him up there too she got pissed and came up the tree teeth and all, took chunks out of the soles on his boots he hit the bear with his bow a couple of times and she kept coming up in the mean time trying to get the cubs out of the tree which he managed to do but the sow wasnt happy with the cubs being down she wanted to kill him finally it was dark and a full moon and all he could see was the reflection off the eyes and teeth and he drew the bow back and shot between the eyes and the bear fell to the ground and ran away, his arrow was on the ground at the bas of the tree and he never found any blood trail or a dead bear the next day.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 17:03
SKUNKED.  DRANK ALOT.  DID NOT SHOOT ANYBODY AND DID NOT FALL OUT OF ANY STAND.  GOING BACK TOMORROW FOR THE WEEKEND.  ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED.

Edited by Dolphin - December/19/2007 at 17:04
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 17:19
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

SKUNKED. DRANK ALOT. DID NOT SHOOT ANYBODY AND DID NOT FALL OUT OF ANY STAND. GOING BACK TOMORROW FOR THE WEEKEND. ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED.

Well this time shoot one. Where are you hunting? Are you over bait or just sitting stands?

Focus

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 07:15
Sounds like a lot of my own hunting experiences.  At least sounds like no serious misadventures either.  Good luck on the weekend stay sharp, things can happen fast when you least expect it.

See any squirrels?
God save the Empire!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 15:18
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

SKUNKED. DRANK ALOT. DID NOT SHOOT ANYBODY AND DID NOT FALL OUT OF ANY STAND. GOING BACK TOMORROW FOR THE WEEKEND. ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED.

Well this time shoot one. Where are you hunting? Are you over bait or just sitting stands?

Focus

doc,

Let's get back to how you met the skunk....  Or is that just what you told the wife to explain why you were wearing that much cheap perfume...Devil
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2007 at 15:20
Skunked again.  Busted by the game warden for hunting over bait.  We hunt in Hyde County in eastern NC.  Known for the largest and most populous for black bears in the world.  The world record was 880 pounds, taken a few counties over, but this year they have taken several bears close to 700 lbs. out of this county, one on the property next to us.  You can hunt over bait, but it cannot be processed in any form and that includes corn that has been taken off of the shuck.

Edited by Dolphin - December/23/2007 at 15:21
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2007 at 16:27
Well that one wasn't on your poll, guess you had to leave it on the cob from the sounds of it. Pretty strange rule........

Focus

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2007 at 19:08
Hope there was minimal damage involved Dolphin.
God save the Empire!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2007 at 09:33

Hopefully, my wife's uncle will take care of the ticket as he knows alot of people down there, as well as his ticket.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2007 at 09:35
i still cannot believe that you got a ticket!! what a bunch of crap D!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2007 at 08:11
Yeah, I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic