OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SIGHTRON users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 10:37

I bought an SII about a year ago.   The Big Skys weren't out yet.   It is a 3-9X42.  I used it on a Tikka T3 lite in Montana this fall.  I'm able to shoot sub .5 MOA with it using Fed 140 gr Accubond factory loads.   I hunted in bright sunlight to low evening light and it performed very well.  I hit what I shot at filling five tags at ranges in excess of 300 yards. 

Previously, when the Big Sky came out, someone suggested waiting a bit before purchasing to stay out of the possible debugging scrum.  After reading some of the posts, I'm having second thoughts about them.  I expect that it will however, all be straightened out in time.  The glass on my SII is good.  It holds zero, has good fit and finish and stood  up to the moderate recoil of a 270 WSM.   The Big Sky is a step up in quality so I hope they get it sorted out.   I'm monitoring reports with interest.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 10:38
it sounds to me like the problem was with only one model of there scopes, sounds like the 3x9's havent had any issues
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mtw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 12:20
thanks for the input guys, youve been a big help.  ive been wanting to replace some old scopes on some of my rifles. 
as for the review the Brett did, it is almost the exact same results, that i had read some more folks did some test reports.  as for the big sky focus problems, i did hear that sightron says that they did have one model that had problems, that got past their QC.
i use only 3x9 scopes, and i think i will order a s2 to start, if it looks good, then ill try a s2 big sky as well, unless i can find some of those 399 conquest's on sale again.  i like leupold as well but i was kinda hoping that the sightrons would fill the price gap, and still have a good or as some have said, better than a leupold for the fraction of the price.

thanks again
mtw
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2007 at 12:37

dont they have them for $399 here still check

www.riflescopes.com

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GeoJAP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoJAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2007 at 15:26
I just bought a SII Big Sky 1.25-5x20 to go on a Sig 556.  It's a great scope for the money and I'm very pleased.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic