OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.375 Ruger Alaskan: Da Squeeze report!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 08:01
a copy of the release---

Dear Ruger/Hogue Dealer:

RE: M77 Hawkeye Alaskan

Rifle Models 7130 and 7179

It has come to our attention that a very small number of Hogue Overmolded synthetic rifle stocks for these firearms may exhibit weakness in the pistol grip area. In some circumstances, this can cause the stock to break in that location. Although the problem is not hazardous, Hogue fully stands behind its products and is replacing the stocks at no charge. Even though only a limited number of stocks are affected, it is difficult to tell whether the original stock exhibits the weakened condition. In the spirit of maintaining our high-quality standards, all stocks that came on Ruger M77 Hawkeye Alaskan rifles are being replaced. To replace the stock, Hogue requires the name and address of all customers that have purchased this rifle. Please provide this list as soon as possible to facilitate the replacement and also let us know of any rifles still in your stock. Please e-mail or fax us the list at your earliest convenience. Your customer will be sent a new stock with instructions to remove the original Hogue stock and replace it with the new one. There is no need for the customer to return the old stock or the gun to us.We do apologize for any inconvenience,and we thank you for your cooperation. As always, if you have any questions,please direct them to our Customer Service Department

at (805) 239-1440 or:

office@hogueinc.com.

Sincerely,

HOGUE, Inc.

Edited by martin3175 - December/28/2007 at 08:06
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 08:15
Good find guys and thanks for sharing.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 12:03
I am aware of the stocks splitting!!!! I only have 40 rounds through my Alaskan so far! No problems yet! I do have a magnifying glass to check for any splits!!!........If that occurs, I`ll get a new stock at N/C!!!...................
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 13:34
why wait for it to split ( although it probably won't ) --- get a new one for nuttin' anyway....
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 14:28
Great range report, Squeeze!  Sounds like a nice rifle!  That was a pretty expensive 40-round range session though!  You'll obviously have to reload to afford to feed that beast.

I read the reports of the stock splitting problem on the M77 - II magnums, and it's my understanding that this is a very rare occurrence with the Hogue stock, the vast majority of those cases being wood stocks.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 14:57
R/dude..............................Well! Only time will tell if I have any problems with that Hogue stock! Your right! I could call and have an extra stock lying around just in case!...Got some dies coming for the 375 Ruger, some 260 gr. Accubonds and some 225 grainers! I read where the 225`s should exceed 3000 fps from the 20" barrel!!!.............I`m gonna do some blastin with my Alaskin!!! I really like those shorter barreled handy dandy blasters!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:17

Cool beans...enjoy blastin !

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:37
Yep!!!..........I`ll eat some beans before I go to the range. Then I`ll be a blastin from two ends!!!!......That`s a good plan!!! Give the guy next to me some percussion and stink the place up at the same time!!! Hope the wind is blowing in the right direction!!!Big%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20Grin
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:39
use some win powder that really stinks when shot too!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:48
OK!!!...................Some percussion!!....... Some fartin!!!!.........And some stinky Win. powder!!!!....I might as well bring some stink bombs too!......Now, I`ll really piss off the guy next to me!!!!............Speaking of stink bombs! I did lite a couple off at the movies about 40 years ago!! It was too crowded anyway!!Big%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20Grin  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 16:55
maybe skunk would go to the range with you??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 17:02
Ya know something? I didn`t think of `ol Skunk!!............But on second thought, I don`t wish to completely EVACUATE the range either!!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 17:04
it would be more quiet
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 17:06
VERY TRUE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2007 at 17:35

the skunk at the range---cool- moving targets

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2007 at 17:16
Use a 375 Ruger on a skunk!!! HMMMM!!!! Maybe the bullets would take a detour too?????Shocked
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 21:20
green cloud is all you would see
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic