OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon rifle scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trijicon rifle scopes
    Posted: December/23/2007 at 16:37
I have been wanting to purchase the Trijicon rifle scope with the 56 mm objective.  Any info. whether pro or con concerning this scope would be greatly appreciated.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2007 at 17:01
Welcome to The OT!

My friend, I ran a search and came up with the following.
Hope it helps!

There's been some very favorable reviews from our members here recently regarding the Accupoints.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2007 at 20:48
the only con i can come up with is that they havent been around long, and tritium wont glow forever, other than that i have heard they are pretty good pm dolphin he just got one
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Sneaky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 13:33
I was also curious to these scopes.  Is the quality of glass worth what they sell for?  I think they could make for a pretty sweet scope on my coyote gun.  I would love to hear of any experience people have with these scopes, mostly the accupoint.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 15:00
Wow, looks Like Trijicon came out with some new reticles choices, 4a, plex and mil-dot.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=5
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 19:43
Now THAT is very interesting....I would be 300% more interested in a Trijicon if they had conventional reticles that were illuminated.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 19:49
problem i have is that they are in the 30mm tubes and in the goofy powers
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 19:52
Only 2.5-10x56 is on a 30mm tube.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 19:54
well thats the only one i would be able to use the rest are way to big for the close up shots i normally have to take in the woods
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 20:06
hmm.

That is Trijicon's biggest scope.  The other two Accupoint scopes are 3-9x40 and 1.25-4x24.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 20:08
whoops i miss read that sorry!!! i thought it showed a 6.5x24 my bad guys!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 21:50
Originally posted by hawkenman hawkenman wrote:

I have been wanting to purchase the Trijicon rifle scope with the 56 mm objective.  Any info. whether pro or con concerning this scope would be greatly appreciated.
...............................................................If you can, find the article in the Oct. `07 issue of "American Rifleman" magazine; page 96. The article is about the 3x9 Trijicon TR20. The same written there would also apply to the larger Trijicon scope! That article is very informative!....................Also, you can go to Trijicon`s web site and view the videos and additional info!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 23:03
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Now THAT is very interesting....I would be 300% more interested in a Trijicon if they had conventional reticles that were illuminated.

Cheers   
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 23:59
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Cheers   
...........................................The Trijicons scopes are noted for their 2 eyes open, fast target acquisitions (moving or otherwise), which are mounted conventionally (not like scouts)...........According to Trijicon and other studies performed, the illuminated arrow sitting on thin posts sends the quickest signal to the user`s brain for the fastest possible target acquisition, with both the eyes open. Other reticles will not be as fast and are too busy!..............For that reason, I doubt Trijicon will offer other reticle choices! Also, the tip of the arrow offers a precise POA (point of aim), just as well as the crosshairs do for very tight groupings!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 00:01
Trijicon offers a bunch of other reticles.  Stop by their website or SWFA's Trijicon section for that matter.

ILya
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 00:07
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Trijicon offers a bunch of other reticles.  Stop by their website or SWFA's Trijicon section for that matter.

ILya
.................................OOOOOPS!!!! THEY DO!!! Crosshairs and dots!!!.....Didn`t see that!!!....................Well! Well!...............I still believe the arrows are a little faster though!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 00:13
They also offer #4 and MilDot in Accupoint scopes as well as 5.56 and 308 specific reticles in some version of ACOG.

The arrow is indeed very fast and may very well be the fastest.  If I were to buy a Trijicon, I would probably go with an arrow reticle, especially since I like inverted chevron aiming oints on Russian military scopes, so I am used to aiming with an arrow-like aiming point.

ILya
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 04:49
Hey,  Big Squeeze

E  F  K R  L  P  Q  Z

Can you read that?               Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing                Bucky                       hee hee

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 07:39
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

They also offer #4 and MilDot in Accupoint scopes as well as 5.56 and 308 specific reticles in some version of ACOG.

The arrow is indeed very fast and may very well be the fastest.  If I were to buy a Trijicon, I would probably go with an arrow reticle, especially since I like inverted chevron aiming oints on Russian military scopes, so I am used to aiming with an arrow-like aiming point.

ILya

and the plex too!!

Yeah, my has ACOG, it works. Wink

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2008 at 12:29

Hey,  Big Squeeze

E  F  K R  L  P  Q  Z

Can you read that?               Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing                Bucky                       hee hee

............................................Nut%20Kicker         Chair%20Hit       Poker       Mean%20Computer...................................LOL!!!!.............Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic