OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

House Bill HR 1022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House Bill HR 1022
    Posted: January/06/2008 at 09:34
Here is the status of House Bill HR 1022 and a list of co-sponsors.  There are two co-sponsors from NC and I have e-mailed one, the other cannot be e-mailed, regarding my opposition to the bill and why.  I would recommend all members of the forum to do the same for their representatives in their respective states.  Thanks.

Overview
Summary
Other Info

Introduction

The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (H.R.1022) is a gun control bill introduced in the House on February 13, 2007 by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.). The bill was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, and then to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on March 19, 2007. While there were no cosponsors originally, the bill gained 34 co-sponsors by March 22, 2007. An additional seven cosponsors signed on after the April 16, 2007 Virginia Tech Massacre.Thomas list of bill cosponsors ...

Bill Status

Sponsor: Back to Top
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 09:58
wow im surprised  that there is only one mn rep included in this
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:50
Glad no Rep.'s from Maine are involved with this. They vote pro gun up here pretty much down the line.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 14:54
they would feed em to the bears if they didnt, and if there was anything left they would use that for lobster bait

Edited by pyro6999 - January/06/2008 at 14:54
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 15:26
That bill has be resurrected more times than Dracula, it always dies in committee after the politicans get a chance to talk on TV. They need to kill it for good

Duce Head%20Banger
Duce
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 15:39
to bad they dont have term limits on bills if it fails three times its out for good type deal
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 15:43
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

to bad they dont have term limits on bills if it fails three times its out for good type deal

Now that would be great, maybe us pro 2nd amendment people should start pushing that bill.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 16:02
and as usual the major support is east coast, notice that other than california, that 99% of the supporters are from eastern states, i saw a hawaii an oregon a colorado and one from texas?? wtf? who voted for her from texas? isnt it against state law to vote for gun control?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2008 at 16:57
thanks for the heads up on this bill--- election years are always fun for gun owners

Edited by martin3175 - January/06/2008 at 16:58
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2008 at 15:11
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

they would feed em to the bears if they didnt, and if there was anything left they would use that for lobster bait

HeHe...that was good Pyro, we did have one antigun politician once. They all but did feed him to the bears......gotta remember up here bears and nice big northern coyotes come into peoples yards still if they are rural. Keeps having a gun around the house on a lot of peoples minds more than down in the big cities. You don't own cats and let em' run around outside unless you want to feed the wildlife :>).

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2008 at 16:09
thats how it was in wyoming as well, mtn lions bobcats wolves coyotes foxes bears all kinds of things to gobble up fluffy!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 13:18
            Snake     Wyoming Rattlesnake-cross Python.  (  Eats Jackalopes )  [and the occasional yuppie.]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic