OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leapers Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leapers Scopes
    Posted: January/10/2008 at 21:27
Just purchased a Leapers 6x32 scope from competitor Usa (SWFA does not sell other wise i would have bought here, just to clarify).  The Leapers series of scopes have been getting alot of hype lately, has anyone other than me even heard of this company or better yet used one of their products?  The unique thing about the one i just bought is the AO goes down to 3 yards, hince the nickname BUGBUSTER.  They are supposed to be designed for extreme heavy recoil rifles and magnum airguns which is why i bought it.  If anyone could shed any more light it would be great, otherwise i'll get the review up when it arrives.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2008 at 07:53
Leapers is a scope that does not garner much appreciation here, there are a few that have owned them and comparatively speaking don't have much good to report on them. NC star is on the same level optically speaking (not a good thing) I can only tell you what I have read here and other places, I hope it works out for you friend.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
ghost82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2008 at 19:40
Well i figured i'd go ahead anyway and give a review of the 6x32 Bugbuster by leapers.  I've got about 750 pellets under this thing so far and its holding dead center just fine.  Maybe they have revamped some of the things that have gave this company a bad name, or maybe im just lucky.  I took 2 sparrow today at 90 and 93 feet using Beeman Kodiaks recommended by our very own Tahqua.  Before mounting the scope i was using a Nikon Prostaff which was very inconsistant.  Leapers states they secured the cross hairs front and back for extra rigidity for hard kickers.  The illumination is great too.  The turrets are kinda hard to turn at first but once they are broken in they are nice and hold true.  The scope is pretty nice looking too.  The parallax is crystal clear both near and far and adjust from 3 yards to infinity.  Just my 2 cents .  Not a scope expert by any means,but this thing is pretty sweet.  Its mounted to a cheap Daisy 1000s that kicks like a mule, but is now deadly accurate.  Hope it stands the test of time though!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 04:17
Thanks for the review.
Leapers could use all the good press they can get. They have had their ass handed to them on several forums, this one included.

Pro Staff no good, huh??
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 07:33
please keep us updated, my Son is going thru the scope thing on his air rifle too.
take em!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 07:35
Ghost, I hope those pellets are working out. That is fine shooting.
Here is some blogging on the Bug Buster

ghost82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 12:59
I'll keep you all posted the best i can.  I went squirrel hunting this morning, took a squirrel at 60 feet.  All i could see was his little left eye staring at me, got it right in the eye.  I have to say so far im pretty impressed.  Tahqua the Kodiaks did the trick, im destroying the bullseye with them, love em.  Trick the Prostaff worked great on the .17hmr, took it off and mounted it on the airgun which knocked it out of zero in a handfull shots, guess thats the forward recoil at work.   I will say however there are definately quality control issues with leapers as the 2 inch sunshade that came with it is missing about 1/8 of an inch of threading not allowing me to mate it with the scope.
ghost82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2008 at 13:05
Just read that forum tahqua, pretty good reviews atleast on there.  Leapers just now put out an offset one peice mount similar to the b-square style, which would be the answer to many questions on that thread.   Thank you for posting that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic