OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any reviews on Zeiss 6x42 T f

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any reviews on Zeiss 6x42 T f
    Posted: January/14/2008 at 03:25
I,m thinking of getting a Zeiss 6x42T fixed power scope for general hunting and low light shooting. I was after the best low light optics and general clarity in a fixed 6x scope. Has anyone tried one of these scopes? What did you think compared to other top shelf fixed scopes? 
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2008 at 08:37
I have not tried that one but I do have a Diavari 3x9x42- 1" tube..... on a Steyr .6mm Rem . It is a great scope and very close to my 3x12x50- 30mm tube Swarovski PV !!

I did put a Nikon Monarch 6x42 on my son's .223 and that thing has really suprised me !! It is fairly close to those other scopes in low light performance . It has a small Plex recticle though that's hard to see in low light . And there is probably 5 minutes right at dark that the others will win out with..............but up until that last few minutes of light........his scope is not much worse than my high dollar one's !!  
cr500 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2008 at 16:27
With this scope I was after the best low light 6x money can buy. I will be using it to hunt foxes and feral dogs on full moon nights (legal here) so the best optics will be needed. The scope will need to be bright of course but also good resolution to find foxes and rabbits in the grass.
texashunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texashunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2008 at 18:05
man Iv never hunted dogs lol, yall must have a k-9 problem in Aus? Are they like coyotes in US or just dogs that live in the wild? 
cr500 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2008 at 18:53
Feral dogs in Australia, are sometimes a cross breed with dingos, but are basicly domestic dogs which have been left in the bush by hunters or dumped etc. Some have been in the bush for generations. A lot of properties have problems with them killing foals, calves, lambs etc. Unlike dingos, the feral dogs will kill many sheep or other stock in a night, just have a bit of a chew on each one, then go onto kill some more for fun. Some farmers dont mind a dingo having the very occaisional kill to feed itself, but the feral dogs are a real problem. They often kill the farmers male dogs and there have been reports of packs of feral dogs "kidnapping" domestic bitches, scaring the hell out of them, then forcing them to join them in the bush, until they get sick of them and kill them as well.
Feral dogs, often being ex pig hunters dogs, know to fear men and know that the long stick (rifle) they carry can kill from a distance, so usualy keep there distance. They usualy attack at night when the farmers are asleep, which is why I want some realy good night time optics. Rabbit and fox shooting and kangaroo harvesting is usualy done at night time as well.
I suppose that very good night time optics are not needed in U.S, but in Europe and Australia, pest hunting is often done at night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic