OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbuck71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta Scopes
    Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:08
I am looking at a Meopta scope for my Browning A-bolt 7 mmsm.
Is any familiar with the 3x12x56?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:10
http://www.opticstalk.com/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20080130160921&KW=Meopta
Welcome to The OT!!
Look through some of the archives for information on Meoptas.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:20
I bet supertool-man is---as soon as he shows up. (He'll pop on here shortly once he sees the name MEOPTA on the topic list!!)Get%20Your%20Popcorn%20Ready  --Ed
bigbuck71 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbuck71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:23
Thanks cheaptrick. I live in Louisiana and got to go down to South Texas 2 weeks ago and shoot a cull buck. While I was down there the guys that are in the lease have high dollar euro scopes. I have a Leopold 3x9x50 but after looking through their scopes I want to upgrade without spending too much. Thats why I was asking about the Meopta.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:46
Bigbuck................The Meopta`s have outstanding glass! Looked through them..............Keep in mind however, that they are heavier and have shorter eye relief! If you don`t mind those two things, then they are great scopes!
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 16:54
BTW!..........Your A-bolt is not a heavier rifle to begin with, so you may want to check the weight difference between your Leupold and the Meopta your thinking about upgrading to. If within say 4 oz. or less, I don`t think you would notice the difference in the field too much. You don`t want to weigh that Browning down with too heavy a scope either!    
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 17:01
I have just got the one Meopta rifle scope.  It is an Artemus 3000 3-9x42, I have it on a Marlin 45-70 and I really like it.  Glass looks fantastic and looks as good to me as my much more expensive IOR scopes and it holds a great zero even on a heavy recoil gun.  Eye relief has not been a problem for me, but I do hold my guns very tight to my body and use the push pull technique to control muzzle flip.  I don't think you will regret a Meopta.  But the folks on here talk pretty highly of Kahles scopes and I bet you can get one of those for a similar price.  Never looked through one, but they are highly praised everywhere I look.  So you may want to give one of them a look as well.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2008 at 18:25
the 56mm meostar is a really nice scope - other than the eye relief, it's about perfect.

if your gun is a hard kicker, it may not be the one for you.

J
ncdrummer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdrummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 10:15
Ahh, my favorite subject.  I have a 3-12x56 Meostar on a Remington model seven SS magnum in 7mm SAUM.  It's great.  Very bright and clear, excellent in low light.  Some guys whine about the eye relief, but it's OK.  The SAUM kicks about 19 lbs; that's pretty hard, but I have not gotten magnum eyebrow yet.  So, get yourself one.  I don't think you'll be able to find a nicer scope for anywhere near the same money.  Prepare to get hooked on Meostars.  Drummer 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 10:19
NC, do you have any pics? I would like to see what a scope that size looks like on an M7.

Thanks,
Doug
ncdrummer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdrummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 16:54
ShoNuff.  At first I thought the 56mm objective would overpower the little model seven, but in the magnum version it fits quite nicely.  The magnum has a 22" barrel that is .65" at the muzzle, much larger than the SA model sevens.  So it looks pretty good and performs great.  I also included a shot of the 4-16x44 Tactical on the 5R .308.  Nice setup.  Hope you like `em!  Drummer
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 17:01
Those look great, I love Meopta scopes.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 18:44
Excellent, they do look good...............thanks. I like the 7SAUM the more I check it out. 
ncdrummer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdrummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 18:53
Thanks for the kind words.  The SAUM really spits `em out.  Seems to love 140gr Accubonds.  If you reload, you'll love it.  If you don't reload, you better have a trust fund...  Ammo's real `spensive.  5R?  Well, what can I say.  Once you shoot one, you'll never go back...  Accurate all the way out there.  And the Meoptas serve their purposes admirably.  Drummer
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2008 at 07:40
Really nice rig you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic