OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA Scope Scale Discussion Thread (2008)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:16
The ATN scopes costs serious bucks but the BARSKA glass is comperatively cheap. Neverthelsss the BARSKA are rated higher than the ATN scopes.

Why?

If those ATN are really THAT bad, no one with his intellectual faculties intact would buy them. At least not with that price tag.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:17
huhuh i cant wait for chris to tell you what he thinks about them!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:22
I have owned a couple ATNs, I sold the one within a week after I got it and the other I still have but it is another paper weight.  Looking through them is like having one of those yellow filters over the lenses all the time.  Okay not that bad but pretty close.  And on top of that they are so damn ugly.   
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:30
Quote I still have but it is another paper weight.  Looking through them is like having one of those yellow filters over the lenses all the time. 

Gross! Shocked

And how about the resolution and contrast of that scopes? Just as bad as the chromatic aberration? 
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:35
I'm gonna stay out of this ATN thing.................Mouth%20Taped%20Shut
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:36
Originally posted by HOLLOWPOINT HOLLOWPOINT wrote:

The ATN scopes costs serious bucks but the BARSKA glass is comperatively cheap. Neverthelsss the BARSKA are rated higher than the ATN scopes.

Why?

If those ATN are really THAT bad, no one with his intellectual faculties intact would buy them. At least not with that price tag.

To answer your question......the Barska are rated higher because they are better.  People with their intellectual faculties do buy the ATN scopes from time to time because they don't know.  You can't go by price in this case.  We have had some returned in pieces.  The rings they provide are made out of very brittle pot metal and break often while attempting to install them.  There are two brands that we refuse to take on trade and ATN is one of them.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:38
I'm betting that the other you don't carry............ Did I just think that aloud?

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:38
is doctor the other???
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:39
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

is doctor the other???
No
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:45
Quote We have had some returned in pieces.  The rings they provide are made out of very brittle pot metal and break often while attempting to install them. 

Why do you sell this junk?  Is the demand really THAT high?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:47
The 3-9 I had reminded me a lot of the BSA glass.  It was cloudy, contrast was bad, colors did not look right at all, and it just was not very clear.   The worse part was it had a 55mm bell on it, you should have seen the cheek piece I had to jimmy rig up just to be able to use it.  I felt like I had a spotting scope on my gun
The 5x which I still have even though it has a bad yellow tint to it is actually considerably clearer than the 3-9x was.  When i got it I did not think it was to bad, I was kindof a cheapo scope guy at the time and then I bought an IOR 4x and realized how bad it was.  Also the BDC knob on top could just be turned around and around.  So if you screwed up with it and turned it to far, you would be shooting with it on 100 yards and be hitting like 30 inches high.  They really talk them up on the ATN website, it kind of pisses me off that they talk up a product so much and in reality they are just horrible.  But I bought the 5x for $100 and it came with a decent tactical flashlight,  a AR carry handle mount that allows you to mount a red dot type optic up in front of the carry handle.  So I didn't figure I did to bad.  I sold the 3-9x for what I paid for it so I was not out to much.

Edited by supertool73 - February/19/2008 at 16:49
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:48
well i took my guess and was wrong!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:50
Oh if anyone wants to try out an ATN I would gladly sell it.Big%20Grin

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:50
Originally posted by HOLLOWPOINT HOLLOWPOINT wrote:

Why do you sell this junk?  Is the demand really THAT high?

We stocked them at one time and had decided to let them go but they do offer many other products other than rifle scopes that are very good products.  They made a proposition to us for us to keep their products on our web page and catalog.  The deal was that they will drop ship and handle all customer service issues rapidly and work to improve the problems with their QC.  If things don't get better we will remove the rifle scopes from our site and catalog.  They are very good people that are willing to listen and learn.  I am hoping that they will regain our respect and that we will have them on our shelves again some day.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:51
If I was to guess I'd say that the NC-S*** would be the one other.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:53
leapers
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:53

Sorry I was not trying to be secrative, the other is Shepherd.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:54
dang it well i owe cyborg $5!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 16:56
Whats the deal with Shepards?  I have often wondered about those scopes, the reticle seems like a cool idea.  

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2008 at 17:02
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Whats the deal with Shepards?  I have often wondered about those scopes, the reticle seems like a cool idea.

Mainly the deal is that they don't sell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic