FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check GunBroker.com for SWFA's No Reserve and No Minimum bid firearm auctions.

What are the "L" and "P" on my 2 piece bases

Post Reply Post Reply   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2018 at 21:56
brutalwarpig View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Let me apologise in advance. I'm new to long range shooting but I already love it! My question is I have a Savage Axis .223 with a Center Point 4x16x40AOIR scope. When at the range the first time I almost ran out of "up" elevation adjustment just to zero at 50 yards! When I got home I noticed that the 2 piece aluminum bases had the letter"P" stamped in one and the letter"L" in the other. I can't find anything online but I'm thinking it's a 20 or more moa base set. Any ideas?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2018 at 05:10
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

I don't know about the P and the L....but at 50 yards you are using twice the amount of clicks to adjust your scope. Move the target out to 100 yards and you will be using 4 clicks per inch...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2018 at 08:20
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

What brand are the bases? In any case he shorter base will be in front and the taller base will be in the rear. Just a WAG but the P could be plus and the L could be less??? Compare the height between the 2 and mount accordingly. A one piece rail will be less problematic than the 2 piece set.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2018 at 05:30
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

I just use a hammer.... Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)     Back to Top Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2018 at 07:40
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

It would definitely be good to know what bases you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic